Feel free to share this with your colleagues in text form!
1. Support throughout your career… from free professional development courses to confidential advice if you have a problem at work
2. The voice of the profession… we campaign on a range of issues including job security, academic freedom and workload.
3. Every day our trained local representatives… backed by full-time UCU officials, help to resolve hundreds of problems.
4. UCU’s excellent legal scheme… provided by specialist employment lawyers, gives members access to professional legal advice. It covers employment rights, personal injury and police enquiries.
5. Developing your career… free professional development courses and resources including voice care, classroom management and how to write a research grant application: http://cpd.web.ucu.org.uk
6. With almost 110,000 members… we are the largest post-school education union in the world.
7. Be part of a network that includes… academics, lecturers, trainers, instructors, researchers, administrators, managers, computer staff, librarians, and postgraduates.
8. Education Support Partnership (formerly Recourse) offers 24/7 support… for workplace and personal issues – from counselling and coaching to financial support.
9. Our monthly fees start as low as £1… most members can claim tax relief on 67% of the subscription, which reduces the cost even more! For our current subscription rates see: www.ucu.org.uk/subscriptions
10. UCU believes in an education system which helps people… to reach their full potential. We oppose privatisation and campaign for increased public investment to bring us in line with our global competitors.